Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 27, 2002, 7:49 AM   #1
Default S230 - Enlargement of photos

I am going to buy the Canon Power Shot S230 very soon. One question that I have is if anyone has taken a picture, with the large and superfine mode, to a photo store and got it enlarged to a 11"X14"? :? ? :? ? :? I went to look at this camera in a few stores and when I ask the salesperson this question I have got a different answer each and every time. So could anyone with this camera please answer this question for me please. Thank you.
Jacky383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2002, 4:39 PM   #2

I have made S200 (2 MP) shots and made 13 x 19 Epson 1280 prints that are excellent -- from crops! Even sold some. However, in general, they are limited to 8 x 10 maximium. It just depends on the target, including tripod and all those things. Every camera seems unique, and mine had a very good lens and sensor.

My S230 (3 MP) produces less vivid snaps, that blowup better -- more pixels.

Also, of equal importance, would be any software you might use for expansion... Photoshop bicubic is good to 2x, but I often use Genuine Fractals (*very* good software plug-in) that is good to 6x. Why the limits? I have felt that using GF to get about 50%+ of the target pixels, and using PS bicubic to finish *seems* to look best to me. I also may use QImage, the print processor, which comes with several excellent interpolation procedures.
Larry L is offline   Reply With Quote