Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:19 AM   #21

I tried to sell my 2 week old S2 at ebay with powerex maha charger and eveready 2500 mah batteries and I actually had NO takers at less than I paid for it. I guess people who read reviews ex post facto are not very trusting.
limrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:58 PM   #22

Just bought the Canon S2 IS a couple weeks ago, love it so far, shooting all in AUTO, hadn't tried many things out yet, ordered a teleconverter lens for it, for long shots at small objects, will have some more to share in a couple weeks or so, really seems like a camera that will do very well with some understanding and patience, shoots great photos right out of box, needs larger memory card and change to rechargable batteries, I think that would make it "road ready" .
peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:26 PM   #23

I've had my S2 for a few weeks and I'm also really happy with it. My only slight niggle would be the resolution on the lcd and evf, it is grainy and could have been much better. But hey, I guess you can't have everything! Word of warning: do not buy canon's official case for it, unless you don't carry any accessories or use the neck strap - that doesn't even fit in; waste of money in my opinion.

Karen :bye:
kdk0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:50 PM   #24

The S2 is a great camera, and pretty new as digicams go. If one were offered on Ebay, I would have to wonder why it was being sold in the first place (is it defective?), and more important to most people, how cheap is the asking price? Since a factory new S2 can be purchased for less than $474, I would go for that option unless the Ebay camera was being offered for half that price. That is the key. You said you offered it at less than you paid for it, but was it enough to convince someone to buy a used camera vs a brand new camera? The four NiMH AA's are a nice touch, but you can buy twelve 2300 mah AA's for about $20, and a quality charger for about $30.

By the way, why did you decide to sell a new S2 on Ebay?

Voyager13b is offline   Reply With Quote