Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:23 PM   #1

I have had my S2 IS for about a week. Does anyone have any tips on making the autofocus work better(and faster)? It seems to "hunt" a lot, and "miss the mark" very often. I've never had this kinda trouble with a camera. My Fuji 2600 zoom(4 years old) always hit the mark in a sec.... very rarely missed the auto with the 'assist lamp".

I would also like some tips for photographing at full telephoto in low light condtions.... like trying to take a picture of a deers rack near dusk for 1/4-1/2 mile away.
s2 is newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2005, 5:41 PM   #2

use manual focus and memorise it on "custom" position on dial...you make pics in 0.2 sec....
plop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 4:46 AM   #3

My S2usually has more difficulty focusing in low light than in daylight. Also using full telephoto makes it even harder for the camera. What I've seen is that it helps focusing on something that has an edge. I.E. focus on the corner of the wall instead of the flat face of the wall. You can move the focusing bracket to focus anywhere on the frame. You can also focus on something that is easier to focus on (corner), but the same distance away, and then lock the focus (I think with the "set" button) and then shoot your target.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote