Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 3, 2005, 2:39 PM   #1

hI ALL.i have a Canon G6.It came with a 200 page manual.The part about using manual focus seems clear,but it's not.When you press the mf button, a small screen magnifies the focus point on the LCD.Them you are supposed to use the main dial to better adjust the focus,Well,turning the main dial makes the numbers change, but does not seem to change anything in the magnified window. Also, what do those numbers stand for? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
bobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:26 AM   #2

When you use manual focus, the LCD is what we should look at. As you adjust that dial thing (the thing that looks like the dial of those old pocket transitor radios), the numbers on the indicator bar will change, and the indicator bar will indicate the focusing distance. So when you point the camera to something say 1 metre away from you, you can use the dial focus on the subject...or you can bring it out of focus. The little square window in the LCD picture that shows up when the camera is in manual focusing mode is just a feature that allows us to observe the subject a little closer (since I think it's just a digital zoom) while we're focusing.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote