Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:51 PM   #1

Well,I got theS2 todayand was super happy until Itried to load the software but I get a message in the installation wizard: *halted*.... I was able to load the TWAIN driver and the PHOTO Stitch software on my D drive but not the main one ZOOM Browser... after actually reading further, I realized that the S2 is compatible with 98SE and 500 MHz and my pchas Windows 98 and 450 MHz... ok...ok, :roll:Obviously,I' m a bit of a goofball with these things but the S2 sounded so good to me with the zoom etc... one thought though, how different from Windows 98 is Windows SE?? Probably pretty different, right??!

So, I just need confirmation that this is indeed the source of my problems... my friend got the A85 so if I borrow her ARC Soft disc and load it, would that work with the S2?? I guess I'll just have to return it now, right??! But I really really wanted it :sad:

soniabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:12 AM   #2

Win 98 SE is pretty different from Win 98. The 450Mhz is not a problem.

I have the S2 as well, but NEVER use the software. As long as you can copy the photos to your PC, you dont need anything else. The only other thing you might need is the PhotoStitch software.

In WinXP, as soon as you plug the camera in, you can browse the photos from "My Computer". Dont know if it works the same on Win98, but if you can do that, you dont need anything else.

If you cant, a memory card readerMIGHT solve that problem, if it supports Win98.

Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote