Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:18 AM   #1

I've been looking for a digital camera for awhile now and cant decide on whether an IXUS40 (SD300) or A520 is better. I tested out the A520 and noticed that it is a bit slow response time (or is it called recycle time??), but i do like the features it has (scene, stitch assist etc). the IXUS40 I noticed is a bit faster, but it seems that there isnt many manual functions.

I like fiddling with cameras to see what pictires i can get out of them so i would like the manual/auto functions but with a faster response time and love taking pictures of anything and everything. am also going overseas very soon where they have the best scenery veiws and a few indoor functions. so want to get a camera that will best capture all of them.

I've been reading the the forum messages and everyone here seems very helpfull... so if anyone could help me decide on which camera to get or recommend ofanother camera as soon as possible it would be very much appreciated.

CameraHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 2:36 PM   #2

It depends on what's more important to you.The SD300 is super compact and sexy looking (I bought one for my wife who loves it). It's proprietery battery charges quickly and it's charger is easy to travel with.The A520 is less compact (but still quite small) but has more manual features (which most people don't know how to use which is less relevent for most), has a slightly sharper lense, and uses everyday AA sized batteries so you'll always be able to find some desposable AA's in a pinch. NiMh AA's are a must but their chargers tend to be rather bulkier and slower to charge than the S300's battery charger.Oh and it's about $100 cheaper.
moondaug is offline   Reply With Quote