Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:22 AM   #11

I bought the Lowe Pro Edit 110 for my S2is and it fits very snugly. I'm a fan of Lowe Pro anyway as they are produced by the same company who make the excellent Lowe Alpine rucksacks for walkers. Its got plenty of compartments for spare batteries and memory cards and is very well padded. There isnt any room for a charger but then if you're out hiking you wouldnt really want to carry that around with you anyway.

£21.99 is Jessops for those in the UK, you can probably get it cheaper online.

Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 5:39 PM   #12

Mine lives in a cheapish Samsonite case. Fabric, but cushioned and waterproof, with a decent shoulder strap and loads of pockets for batteries, cards, lens cleaning equipment etc.

Duck_Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:13 AM   #13

Hi. Just got back from a 2-week trip with my new 2S IS. I'll post a longer review when I've gotten over my jet lag. In the meantime, I bought the Canon bag when I bought the camera and would NOT recommend it. It's stylish and snug, but not very useful. It doesn't have it's own shoulder strap so every time you open it, it falls off. Not only that, but it also either knocks off the lens cap, or gets the lens cap string caught in the zippers. Sigh.

I don't need an accessory case, I just want a good old fashioned camera case/cover like they used to make for SLRs. I want something just to protect the camera from dings and from raindrops. I can carry extra batteries and SD cards in my pocket, fanny pack, purse or whatever.

If you have the chance, take your camera to a camera store and try it out in different bags. The clerk at B&H let me do that when I bought the camera, but the only "smallish" bag that really fit the camera, was the one made by Canon. So I chose that rather than nothing at all or something too big for my needs. Just remember that the camera is actually bulkier than it looks, so you need to go for a fairly big bag to accommodate the camera, and to allow for using the hood.
Gothamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:51 AM   #14

Saw a very nice Crumpler bag. But is just 1cm too small on all sides. Damnit
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote