Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:40 AM   #1

After doing an exhaustive amount of research, this camera seemed to be the best suited for my needs. I wanted soemthing small and ultra portable, good picture quality, and reasonable for night shots. This camera seemed to be the best to fit the bill.

I took a few photos around the house, and am pleased at how well the flash works indoors. All my shots in the house, even in pitch black, came out beautiful, even with people in it. This camera seems like it will be perfect for taking to parties and the like. I have not tested the camera outdoors yet. While I know it won't be as stellar outdoor as it is indoor, I doubt I will be disappointed. If I am disappointed, I am considering purchasing an A510 or A520, as they have stellar night modes.

My only remaining question is, the SD500 is going to be about another um..70ish dollars for me. Question is, is the SD500 so much superior to the SD400 that it is worth the money?

I'm gonna try getting some photos up once I take some, but I think this will finally spark my interest in photography.
AbareKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:54 AM   #2

hey Abare..

I was in exactly in your position. I opted for the SD400. The differences in the two are so subtle it wouldn't matter much for people like us. Save the money and get a larger SD card or buy a nice case for your Camera.

Liquid_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote