Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:19 AM   #11

If you read the other thread in this forum and view the picture IMG_0148.jpg, you will see there is nothing I know of that would cause that except one thing: fog on the lens. Reasoning: I see what appears to be ice on the water. If the camera had been in a warm humid pocket, house or car, and taken out for the snap, the freezing temperature might have partially fogged up the lens at the time of the photo. But I have seen others that this possibility does not apply to (and we have a score of people with similar problems with the A40 model), so I am giving Beckie the benefit of the doubt.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:21 AM   #12
Default That's it!

Yep, that's what happened with the outdoor photo. I was inside for several hours in a very warm room and the camera was in its case. I took the photo about 2 minutes after walking outside. Thank you so much!!

I took some more test shots to see if any of the quadrants on the photo looked blurry and they all looked pretty consistent to me. I think I might have gotten lucky and bought myself a camera with no real problems.

I'm very happy with my S230 so far. Still working on focusing, etc., but I'm still in learning mode.

MentorRon, you're the best!

Beckie is offline   Reply With Quote