Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:50 PM   #1
Default S-45 or Olympus C-50???

I have a gift certificate and can purchase either. Any thoughts on the superiority of one over the other (other than 4 vs. 5 megapixels) would be much appreciated. I take many night shots, and enlarge a great deal. Need compact.
JerryParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:46 PM   #2

The S45 has more manual controls, manual focus, and cool stich assit mode. I've read reviews on c50 owners taking it back for the S45. Its lower mp, but read steves reviews and download the pictures ont this site to compare the resolution side by side. The S45 low light focus assist lamp is great also. S45 used cheap and large CF cards also. I played with both and like the button layout and controls better on the s45. The s45 is also fast at focus, fast shot to shot, fast save. The C50 is know by review sites and owners to have issues focusing in low light/poor light. Read the reviews on this site and compare. I just purchased the S45 two days ago. And, not that it matters to many, the S45 has sound with the movie mode, not the C50. If you have the movie mode, might as well have sound.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote