Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1

hello there,
i just bought canon a520 but windows (xp sp1) doesn't seem to recognise the device, so i can't upload images.

After installing the software (i did everything as described in the manual), everytime i connect my camera to my pc (ANY usb) although there is a message "new hardware found , canon digital camera" on the botom right of the screen, after that, a new window pops up asking me to insert the hardware's cd to install the driver!!

isn't xp supposed to automatically recognise my camera without asking for the cd? yes..
and when i insert the cd it seems to install some kind of wia or twain drivers that it finds on it, which they DONT work since they are not for win xp.
after that i get an exclamation mark besides "imagin devices\canon digital camera" and the devide doesn't work since there is no proper drier installed.
what should i do????

i heard another guy had the same problem and the solution was to format!
jeez... that is NOT an option

help me pleeeeease, thanx
[se7en] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:14 PM   #2

I have seen your problem mentioned on other camera sites. It seems to be one of those software glitches which are next to impossible to solve, works for some, doesn't work for others. I have an A510 and use a card reader (with XP) and then transfer the images to "my pictures". If you have Zoom Browser installed, the pics will automatically appear there as well. I don't know how to help you with transferring with the software, but the card readers are inexpensive and so easy to use.
mes444 is offline   Reply With Quote