Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:59 PM   #1

Anyone that has any help to offer in this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. I have the canon S50 and all of a sudden, the LCD doesnt show images of what should be appearing in the lens. Any picture that is taken also comes out completely black.

What's weird is that everything else works...the LCD works still, i can look at old pictures, and all of the icons around the border of the lcd work...just no image of a picture.
I dont know if it is broken, or if i just pressed the wrong setting. Can it be reset? Please help with any suggestions. If i dont have to bring it in for service, it would obviously be easier!

dovemerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:42 PM   #2

Is it possible that you've got the mode dial set to 'M' (manual)? If so, open up the aperture and slow down the shutter speed. Or, switch back to 'A' (auto) or 'P' (program AE) mode. If that doesn't solve your problem, it sounds like a service issue for Canon.

Lutz, FL
G6, G5, S410, S2
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:59 AM   #3

Hi, the same thing happens to me, I can see old pictures¬* and all the icons in the display, but it's all blank where the image of what i'm pointing at should be, I have a Sony DSC-P71, but yesterday it worked fine and today in the morning, didn't work anymore, so if anyone has any suggestions, they will be appreciated. Thanks
jciapara is offline   Reply With Quote