Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:35 PM   #161
Default Canon SD800IS - Unreadable Memory Card

I sent a SD800IS to Canon over a few days ago where I scored it from a previous owner who claimed that the camera would not read memory cards - I experienced the same even with SD card adapters (I used a Patriot SD memory card adapter for microSDHC and it was reading well - others eg Wintec or Kingston does not read).

I hope my SD800 is returned asap and I have heard from those who have sent their CCD-damaged Canons to the Elk Grove, IL facility (they handle Powershot repairs) have ended up with upgraded cameras replacing their damaged products (my S230 was sent to Canon when the CCD recall was still phased in c. early 2007 and after I spoke to the Canon Customer Service operator - they stated that the technician is waiting for a camera part which has not arrived. They sent a refurbished SD600 which I sold; at the time, I had a secondhand SD600 which replaced my S230; sadly, the 600 I had was lost in the line of duty in April 2008 - replaced with an SD1000 (which is now a video camera to supplement my 40D)...

I scored my SD800 to film music videos during live music performances...
montrosepatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:25 AM   #162

Just for the record, my 6 year old Powershot A95 developed the described fault intermittently, after contacting Canon UK, I was given a list of 3 approved repairers ... I contacted one of these, and was

asked to send the camera in for assessment. I did this, and received the camera back within a week fully repaired, and recalibrated free of charge.

Personally I feel it's working better now than when new, no knocking Canon from me, that service was excellent. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:04 AM   #163

i have a canon digital camera . but not ready for use because camera lens now troubleshooting. but i will suggest canon is good brand for a digital camera.
Seattle Marijuana
jasson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:03 AM   #164

Hi all, I'm verry curious about my Canon Powershot S5IS because I have weird horizontal lines and I think that is my CCD... I have more photos with different settings.
kostyko is offline   Reply With Quote