Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 11, 2005, 4:46 PM   #1

Well I have looked and looked and my time is almost up. I bought a Canon S2 IS a couple of weeks ago from Walmart for $649.00 after taxes this is almost an $800.00 ( 15 % taxes) camera.

I have been looking around at other cameras since I firmly belive I did not get $800.00 worth of camera. Unfortunately anything better then this is closer to the $1000.00 range wich I don't want to get into.

I looked at the Panosonic 30 and ALMOST returned my S2 to Walmart for a refund. Then I realized the price was 999.00 Can PLUS 15% taxes....... NAH I"LL PASSSSS

So, now it looks like my time is running out to return this camera to Walmart ( 30 days. For the price range this is the BEST that is currently available.

I"m not too fond of this motorized zoom on these cameras, its only a matter of time before the motor goes on those things ( how are the S1 people making out). For fear of a malfuntion after the 1 year factory warranty I have been looking around for an added warranty. Does any one know where I can buy an extended warranty for this camera ? I don't belive Walmart sells extended warranties.

I was at Future Shop today and asked about the extended warranty but they will ONLY seel it on THERE CAMERAS ! I know the extended warranty is NOT from the store nor from Canon but a third party. Does anyone know where to get the extened warranty ??

P.S yes I realize there are MANY typos but I'm just too lazy to fix them PLUS I touch type

videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:39 PM   #2

Amazon.com offers an extended warranty option. Also, they have the S2 for 460 USD shipped with no tax added.
sbddude is offline   Reply With Quote