Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:47 PM   #1

I'm presently looking for a carry-around DSLR-like wide digicam and was considering the Canon Pro1. For current owners, any regrets / complaints? How are indoor people pics (skin tones, detail, color accuracy)?

What accessories should I be considering with the Canon Pro1? Also, what external flash would you recommend?

agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:00 PM   #2

I just recently purchased both the S2-IS and the Pro 1. I decided that i liked the Pro 1 better and returned the S2. I am very pleased with the Pro 1. I liked the zoom range and IS better on the S2 but in the end the Pro 1 suited me better. I am a previous user of Canon's film SLR's and digital SLR's. The Pro 1 has the same interface and user experiece as I am used to. The S2 seems more like Canon's P&S series of powershots. Also the wide-angle lens on the Pro 1 is great. Can't be beat for landscapes, etc.

The Pro 1 takesgorgeous pictures. The color and resolutionare amazing. Reminds me of Kodak film with the warm colors and rich tones. Indoor shots are very good. Much better than any digicam. The pop-up flash works very well. I toohave been trying to decide on a external flash. After all my research the 420ex seems like the best bang for the buck. You can get one used for around $150 or new for $179 from B&H Photo.

I also ordered a Kingston 2Gb CF card and Canon's PSC-4000 Deluxe Soft Case. Next on my list is a good quality muli-coated 58mm UV filter to protect the glass.

I am planning a trip to London in late December and the Pro 1 will be coming along to record all my visits.

If Canon comes out with a Pro 2 next year it will be hard for me to resist the upgrade. In particular, a 10x or 12x zoom with IS would be great. The build quality and SLR style usability would have to be retained.
w4rmk is offline   Reply With Quote