Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:55 PM   #1

My husand dropped my S2 IS today. All the shots that we took after that (for the next couple of minutes) were blurry. We then shut the camera off and the shots after we turned it back on were ok but occasionally it would rotate a picture on the screen for no reason. Any ideas what may have happened. It only fell about 2 feet onto a wood deck. Could the auto focus have been knocked out of whack for that shooting session and could be ok now. I don't understand why the pics would rotate though.
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:16 PM   #2

This camera has a system that detects the camera's orientation when a picture is taken, so it properly rotates the picture afterwards. Maybe this system is damaged after the drop, so it might rotate pictures when it shouldn't.

One easy way to fix this is from the normal photo taking mode, press menu, go to the middle menu and turn "autorotate" off. It might be named differently, my camera is configured to spanish and I'm quite lazy to change the configuration.

schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:35 AM   #3

"only fell about 2 feet onto a wood deck"

Maybe the orientation sensor is damaged. Falling from a height of even 10 cm or less could damage a camera, depending on how sensitive the components are to shock impact. I think that camera accidents are avoidable if we grasp cameras very carefully when we're holding them, and not leave cameras on the side of a table, or camera straps dangling off the side of tables or near anything that could catch the strap and drag it off the table.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote