Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 19, 2003, 12:08 PM   #1
Default Best case for the G3?

I just purchased a G3 and i still need to get a carrying case. I want to get one that is fairly compact, but still offers decent protection.

I was wondering about the Canon PSC3000 case for it. Specifically it looks kind of bulky in the picture.

Any other case suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

robbaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2003, 7:28 AM   #2

The Canon bag is nice but I find there cases a bit stiff.

I am considering a LowePro case. There are several different models from there DigitalRes series that would work with a G3.

Best of luck to you-
rkuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 7:21 PM   #3

I'd suggest the LowePro Nova Micro for a good 'carry lots of stuff' case. It fits my G2 quite well and I have room for a 420EX flash, lens pen, extra batteries, cards, tripod QR bracket etc. Everything fits in nice and snug, not loose and rattling around nor too tight. The strap while basic is more than good enough for a light camera like yours.

I also have the Canon leather 2 piece case and while it's nice to take to a wedding and such it only provides protection from light bumps and knocks. I use it mostly when going out and I don't want to have a nylon case

The Nova Micro seems to be the 'IT' case here in Toronto for carrying digicams, I've seen a lot of others using it too. I've tried to post a review on epinions on it a bunch of times but that system seems to crash all the time.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 4:22 AM   #4
Default Lowepro did for me

After a lot of consideration I went for a D-Res50AW which is great for all my accessories.
luckyart60 is offline   Reply With Quote