Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:11 PM   #1

I have done a ton of research and i think I narrowed my search down to a Canon PowerShot S1. It was either that or a Konica Minolta DiMage Z3. What do you think is a better one? Any suggestions on the best place to buy one? Also, it seems that a referb. it the cheapest way to go, but is it worth the money? thanks for any help you can provide.

Sadie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:50 AM   #2

Hello, I prefer Canon myself as I've always been happy with their cameras. I am on my fourth Canon camera and I've been happy with all of them. I don't have any experience with the Konica so I can't give you an objective recommendation as to which one to go with, but I may be able to help you out if you decide to go with the Canon S1.

I just this week upgraded to the Canon S2, therefore my S1 is eBay bound shortly. It is in excellent condition and would certainly be a better choice than a "referb" as I can assure you it has been gently used. If you or anyone out there is interested, please contact me at: ldoerich@rochester.rr.com.

I also have (2) 512 MB Sandisk Ultra II cards and the 52mm Lens adapter from lensmate.

leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:15 AM   #3

I upgraded from the S1 to the RebelXT several months ago. I was completely satisfied with the S1 and continue to use it as my second camera. Don't know anything about the particular Konica Minolta model you're interested in, but in general, that's a good brand also.

Good luck.
GeorgeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:45 PM   #4

I love to buy trailing edge technology at deeply discounted price. That's why I bought my S1 at the end of may. At that time the S2 came on the market and the prices for the S1 fell down. I am very happy with that camera. The image stabiliser works quite well. It is extremely power efficient. I can squeeze out almost 400 shots out of one set of NiMH batteries (only in the summer). The EVF is the only negative part of the camera. I was shocked when I looked into it for the first time. But after a while I did adjust to the awful EVF. So far I made about 6000 shots with the camera.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote