Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 17, 2006, 2:02 PM   #1

Just purchased a Canon SD450 the other day.* Have taken about 100 pics...daytime, nighttime, indoor, outdoor, etc.* I typically leave it on Automatic, but will change it to Portrait or Night Shot sometimes.No matter what I do, I am getting AWFUL red eye.* Could it be the camera?* Should I be changing the settings??Help Please!!!Thank you.
harleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:28 PM   #2

With some cameras you just have to get used to it.One of these cameras is sd450.

I think i have red eye problem on approx.60-70% of photos and there isnt any way around that.Only thing you can do is tocorrect it afterwards with some software like Picasa or Photoshop, or buy another camera.Usually small cameras like sd450 have this problem because of flash beeing located too close to the lens.I wish i could help but i cant
ententinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:31 PM   #3
Super Moderator

all small cameras have this problem due to the relatively close position of the flash.. this causes the flash to bounce right off the retina back to the camera..

easily corrected in photoshop or most image editing programs.. just use the help function and it will tell you how to do it..

another way to help is to take a picture right immediately following the first.. the pupils will probably close due to the first flash, and there is more of a chance you will get a good picture on the 2nd shot..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote