Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:41 PM   #11

Tullio wrote:
Hi Juggernaut, thanks for sharing your thoughts. To be honest, I the whole picture looks out of focus to my eyes. I had the camera on P with auto flash so the camera should set the aperture and shutter speed automatically. I have the AF frame set to CENTER rather than AiAF (AiAF could potentially cause the scenario you suggested). I also want to reduce the reddish of skin tones but I can not figure out how.
As the whole image looks out of focus, it could be shake. Why not set up a similar shot, under similar conditions, but put the camera on something solid, and use the self timer to take the picture. If it comes out sharp, shake is likely to be the problem.

According to the image meta data, the picture was taken at 291mm (this value doesn't make sense for the A610), f3.5, 1/60 sec. Try the same amount of zoom in your tests.

I suspect anything close to the flash will be relatively over exposed relative to anything further away - hence some underexposure on your son.

Would choosing a white balance help with colours?

mchnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 8:05 PM   #12

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm going to try two things: auto mode and Indoor scene mode and see what happens. I haven't setup the white balance but I did not think I needed since this was a simple indoor shot w/ flash. Luisr's photo looks pretty darn good compared to mine so it's either a camera defect or myself (camera shake is a possibility.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote