Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:42 AM   #1

I bought the powershot 620 and the Sandisk SD memory card this week from ebuyer and find that the memory card gives me error messages on the camera and when put inside a jvc mini dv camcorder.

Can I assume in this circumstance that the memory card is broken and needs replacement?

I was concerned that maybe I have bought the wrong memory card for the camera, it particularly did not like the self timer & take several pics in quick succession nor did it like recording avi.

I did low level format and then format to be able use the card again for a little while.

I am assuming that as the memory card would not fucntion in the camcorder, it is probably a dodgy memory card.

I am not sure if to send back to the vendor for a refund and buy another, or to send to sandisk for a replacement.

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

zyjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:14 AM   #2

Does it work okay if you just leave it in the camera and dont take it out? Ive heard of people having issues with the cards after taking it out and putting in something else. Try formatting, and leaving in the camera. But besides that, i'd just order another from someone else.
Stump1000 is offline   Reply With Quote