Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:56 PM   #1

Hi all,

I've just bought a610 4 days ago & I like it very much, it's a relly cool camera !!!

but something strange happened. on the first day, I can use optical zoom when I recorded movie, but the next day after changing some setting, the optical zoom didn't work at all, just the didital zoom. I've resetted the camera but the optical zoom still didn't work on movie

well, I know that a lot of reviews, including the manual says that we can only use the digital zoom on movie mode, but I according to this topic ( http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15) we can use optical zoom on movie.

is there any secret or trick in canon a 610/a620? to use optical zoom?

please help....

thank you
Knight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:28 PM   #2

There is no ability (as far as I can tell) to use any optical zoom in any video mode. It does not matter what setting you choose (standard, fast, compact, my colors). The only mode that even lets you do digital zoom is the standard mode, with the othermodes you cannot use it at all.

I think that people who say you can use optical zoom are not realizing that they are only using digital zoom (sometimes it is still high quality, so it may seem like optical zoome)- the way to prove this is to turn off digital zooming in the options and you will find that you now cannot zoom in any movie mode at all (including standard).

I hope this helps,
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:22 AM   #3

thx for your answer, but I'm quite sure that on the first day I could use the optical zoom on movie mode. I knew that it was optical zoom coz the lens was moving toward.

anyway, thx a lot.

Knight2 is offline   Reply With Quote