Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 19, 2003, 3:48 AM   #1
Default s230 vs a70... (I already have a s230)

Ok, heres my problem, I got a s230 but Im not satisfied with it.
First of all because the camera shakes to much (because of its size), and also because of some picture loss problems (eg. sometimes the pictures appears as corrupted data, CF Card error) the same problem with movies.

I would like to change to an a70, also from canon, because of the extra manual controls, size (not so small, but not so big either), and because of the battery lifetime (AA Batteries), but i dont know enough of it yet, so im asking you if you can help with decide, or maybe come with the solution to my problems.

marcelferes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2003, 11:56 PM   #2
Default I just got an A70

Yup. I just picked on up today. I had a difficult time between many many different cameras. Too many to choose from. It wound up that the price was right, and the menu was very nice to use. Many other things too: 3 mp; 3 x zoom(even though more would be nice); AA batteries; very light weight; full manual controls; great size and "in hand feel"; build quality.

It just came out today in Japan (where I am living) and I found a great price on it in the electronics district of Osaka. A think i got a little lucky, but you should at least try it out. The menu on this Canon is what finally swayed me. I liked the picture quality of the Olympus cameras a little better, but too many other reasons made me get the Canon.

The only thing I need now is a manual in English. Any ideas???
G.A.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 2:01 AM   #3

Could you please indicate the price paid in US$. I am planning to buy the same and hence an idea about the price will be helpful.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:55 PM   #4
Default price

Yeah, I got it for $300 U.S., got a 128 CF for $33 U.S., and 2100mah batteries (8) and a quick charger for $40. The dealing can be quite good here.

By the way, i've taken a few pictures and have to say i am very surprised at how well this camera performs. The colors look great on my computer, and I can't wait to get some prints.

Hope that helps. Thanks
G.A.P. is offline   Reply With Quote