Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:27 AM   #1

This is possibly the best picture I was able to get with the S2. I hope this makes all the S2 people happy since I posted a GOOD picture

Image resized to 600*480 blah,blah,blah
Attached Images
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:35 AM   #2

that's a very nice picture videosilva and I am very glad to see that youare showing it to us. Good on you

If the blurring in the background is what you are concerned about, I believe that is either due to slow shutter speed and since the water moving it could be causing that, or it could be a small depth of field, causing the pictures in front to be in focus while the ones at the back to be slightly out of focus. Otherwise it is a very decent picture indeed
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:16 AM   #3

Looks great to me! I've been pleased with the pictures I have gotten from my S2.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:44 AM   #4

What I did not mention was that I took possibly a thousand pictures to get a handfull that were good. Christmas only comes once a year.

The S2 would have been a great camera if it were able to consistenly produce images like the one above.

videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:50 PM   #5

Wow, that was a great photo. Congratualation Videosilva. It appears you are getting to know your camera.. !!! Great Job.

I have gone through many cameras in my life, from the manual "manuals" (when compact flash was fire works, not electronics) to semi automatics, automatics and now digitals. I never get really good pictures until I have used a camera extensively.. like new shoes that you have to wear in...

For the longest time, I used to bring my old Pentax film camera with me to "important family events" even after I bought a digital. I simply would not risk taking important pictures without it.. today I have not used it for ages...

The good news is that you Canon IS should "be shooting better and better pictures" from now on...

Good luck...

kdjoergensen is offline   Reply With Quote