Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:22 AM   #1

This is one of the cameras we are considering. I was wondering what you think of this camera? Pros, cons...

The reason we are considering this camera is b/c it's compact, a point-and-shoot, has a 2.5" LCD, and it's takes SD memory cards.

The only thing that I do not like about this camera is the zoom in and out control. I find it odd to be controlled with my index finger as opposed to my thumb and I think the location of it is also odd. Otherwise I really like this camera.

Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:58 PM   #2

- 2.5 LCD -good mp's (5) -small

- easy to use- rugged (butprone toscratching)-metal build

- zoom ring - awesome performance for ultracompact

-few manual controls -purple fringing - SD series cracked LCD problem

-poor battery life

also see: SD 550

The cracked LCD is a problem that all SD cameras could be damaged by, but don'tover think it; the SD 450 is an awesome camera. If you would lik even better performance, check out the SD 550.
Homer J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 8:18 PM   #3

Love mine. Bought it fairly spontaneously for a trip so I can't say I did a lot of comparing but NO regrets. Although I bought an extra battery and two 1-gig SD cards, didn't need either. Full day of shooting on one battery and one SD.

I can't ask for a whole lot more out of what I consider a "pocket" camera. My expectations aren't to get magazine quality shots. That's why I'm saving up for a DSLR. But, having the "pocket" camera usually always with me has captured some absolutely priceless pictures (and videos) I'd never otherwise have gotten.

Assume when you say control the zoom with your thumb, you're thinking of a camera with a zoom in the upper right corner. Think of holding this camera more like a credit card and the index finger goes right to the zoom. You don't have to grip it or grab it. As one review referred to the diminutive size, it called them "fingertip" cameras. If you do it that way, the index finger is the natural one to zoom with. With the LCD, you spend more time holding the camera out in front of you. Hope this helps.
leeraff is offline   Reply With Quote