Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 28, 2003, 7:30 PM   #1
Default Any Problems with the new Canon A60-A70 Camera????

I asked this question before but didn't get any answers, the question is & was, for those who have bought & taken amany of pics with these 2 cameras, have you had anything to complain about???? If there is, lets here about it.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2003, 7:54 PM   #2

Just bought one today. Focusing indoors appears to be a problem (similar to the problems I had with a S230 that I returned for a S330). I don't know if it's a bad camera or typical performance. I took about 100 pictures (mainly indoors to test the low light ability) and about 20 or so were way out of focus (the entire picture was blurry). Noise is also a problem with low light indoor shots, but not as bad as I've seen with some Canon cameras. Pictures are definently soft and are not as sharp as my Olympus 3020. The camera does offer alot of manual controls. White balance appears to be acceptable at auto.
bobshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:52 PM   #3

Any comments on the "cannot autofocus at infinty" and "soft images" problems that where in too many A40's, including mine.

I had to send my A40 to the Canon U.S.A. Factory Service Center 2 time and they were unable to fix this problem after 2 failed repair attempts.

Right now with my A40 back at the Factory Service Center for a 3rd time (not my choice but apparently Canon's warranty policy), I am requesting that Canon U.S.A. either refund my money or replace the defective A40 with an A70 where hopefully, Canon has fixed this 2 problems.

srhaymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2003, 1:39 AM   #4

I bought a Canon A60 & have noticed far too many soft focus pics, some were very sharp while others we poor All soft focus pics where taken inside with a flash, with either center focus on or off I still had a soft focus problem. Saturday morning I'm taking back the A60 & will get the A70 hopefully I won't have the same problems, if I do I just might have to buy a HP 720 as I tested this camera with a friend & never had a out of focus picture, go figure.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2003, 2:02 AM   #5

Odd I havent had any problems indoors or out with my a60.

Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2003, 9:54 AM   #6

I just got one and am very disappointed in the image quality. The image is very noisy and not sharp. Take a look:

Notice the noise in the shadows and in the pink in the background. I had a Fuji FinePix 2600z before and it did much better than this. I was wondering if I might have a defective camera because there is also a red dot at the same point in every picture.
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote