Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:24 PM   #1

I see alot of people talking about the A610s but very little about the 620. This is one that I have been considering. Please help me understand the difference. Thanks Steven
steven766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:14 PM   #2

Save your money and get the 610.. there are a few threads about the comparison.. if you have the time read through them. To make it short, the 610 seems to give clearer photos ( stretching an extra 2mp over the same sz sensor may be the fault). For the extra 100 bucks or whatever you can get some decent memory.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:15 PM   #3

I have a 610 myself and so far I am very satisfied with it. As far as I know the only differences between the A620 and A610 are the extra megapixels (which I don't need) and the ability to capture remotely from a computer - as in a web cam - when plugged to a USB port.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:10 PM   #4

I have noticed the same thing but I bought the 620 and am extremely happy with it. I also bought 2 sets ofÂ* rechargeable AAs and very rarely have to change them. It will get a good workout on vacation in a few weeks so I will know more then. Up to a certain point I figure you can't have too many pixels and I have just about reached that stage!
sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote