Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 3, 2003, 4:51 PM   #1
Default Short Question about the Cannon Powershot A70

I'm new to digital cameras and I've been looking for a $300-$350 camera and the A70 looks to be really good for the money. What I was wondering was if I get a 256MB memory card would it be easy to navigate through? Would I be able to subdivide my pictures and movies into folders, or would I just keep scrolling through the pictures? Should I just get two 128MB cards? And can anyone reccomend a brand?

Any other advice or info about the A70 would be great as well!

Eptiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2003, 2:10 PM   #2

You can't re-organize the pictures into folders _in_camera_. You'll have to wait till you download them to your PC.

Even if you stuck them in your PocketPC PDA and rearranged it, the camera still sees _all_ the shots. I've had my CF card in numerous different camera's, and my A70 will show the shots from the Kodak DX3900 or HP Photosmart even tho they're all in different folders.

Around here, a 256CF is cheaper than 2 128's.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 9:43 PM   #3
Default something elso with big cards too

i've got an A70. good value vs. the competition. I like it alot, blah blah blah. Something else you may want to consider in your decision on memory cards is that some developing places don't accept large memory cards yet. This may not be too important to you and there are ways to get around this (burn them on a cd) but if you want to just take your CF card to get pictures developed than check out places near your house first. I know some places don't go past 64mb, but i'm sure this will change in the future. For me, i've got 2 128cards. It was cheaper for me to do it this way. Good luck!
G.A.P. is offline   Reply With Quote