Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:13 AM   #1

Ok so theanchor point for the wrist strap on the A610/A620 is in a really stupid place just above the rather patheic plastic door covering the input/output sockets. But I want something other than a wrist strap when I'm out with my Canon, particularly in the summer when I don't necessarily want to lug my camera case around.

What I'm after is a neck strap that will be adequate on the single anchor point provided. Have seen a few around but they all seem to be intended for somewhat less bulky, pocket-sized compact digicams, and anyone who knows the A610/A620 will testify that its a bittoo bloated to be treated like a bit of fashion jewellery.

Any suggestions?

ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:03 PM   #2

I don't know if they are available separately but I am using a neck strap from a 35mm Minolta point-and-shoot camera I bought not long before my first digital camera. My first digital camera, as well as my current (second) one which is an A610 came with that nearly useless wrist strap. The neck strap is soooo much more convenient and fits nicely in the anchor point of the A610 although it is a bit bulkier than the one that came with the camera. This neck strap is a strong nylon cord. They can probably be found separately in camera stores.

I attached a picture here. The odd shape is due to a knot I have to make to account for my not so tall body :lol:and had to untieto take the strap out for the picture.
Attached Images
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote