Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:06 AM   #1

Hi and hello to anyone reading this. I just took delivery of a CanonA610. Initial reactions centre round the jagged effect on straight edges. However, these disappear when you zoom in on the computer. But what if you want the full size pic?Is it to do with the megapix rating? My last camera was an Olympus 1.3 Mp (C-960....a 460 in the US)
jond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:21 PM   #2

I suspect that what you see on your computer is the computer's short-comings not the camera's. Printing one of your images would prove where the problem is.

I have an A610 that produces excellent 8x10 inch, cropped pictures no problem.

abe_1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 2:10 PM   #3

Define "full size". so you mean full size as in the photo is as big as the screen is? or full size being that the photo is MUCH larger than your screen is and you need to scroll side to side and up and down.

your old 1.3megapixel camera had photos that were 1280x960 resolution which could have been the same resolution as Windows, so "full size" filled your screen.

Your new 5.0 megapixel camera has a resolution of 2592 pixels wide by 1944 pixels tall.

If you were to have this photo displayed so it fits your monitor, it will show up with jagged edges because it has been shrunken down. If you open the photo in a photo viewer and have it set to 100% it will appear larger than your screen and everything should be smooth.

ScaryFast is offline   Reply With Quote