Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:44 PM   #1

hi there, right now i have a basic sd card in my camera, a lexar 512 mb....it works great, but we leave for disneyland in a month and need to purchase another card, preferrably a 1 Gb....i am just curious about what card would be best...i see some are 133 times and some are just 4....i know i want a faster card, but is there some that wont make a difference...i just know i want something that works and has no issues, so any recommendations would be really great...thx
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:23 AM   #2

Kingmax platinium are fast and well priced
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:13 PM   #3

I just got a Canon S2, and I purchased a PNY 512 MB SD card at Staples for $5 after rebate and coupon to get me started. I also purchased a SanDisk 2 GB Ultra II from Amazon for $71. I have seen recommendations for SanDisk, so that was what I ended up with. The cheapest that I saw the SanDisk Ultra II 1 GB was for $47, so the 2 GB was a better price per MB, and gives me more storage if I want to take some movies at high res. I believe that the Ultra II is 66x, which seems to be plenty fast enough for burst mode and video. I think that the Extreme (133x) are only recommended for more demanding professional shooting.
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:12 PM   #4

The Sandisk Extreme III 1 GB SD card works very well in my A610 ....

ELDDJOC is offline   Reply With Quote