Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

View Poll Results: s200 or s230
s200!! 0 0%
s230!! 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 14, 2003, 3:39 AM   #1
Default s200 or s230??

i'm having a tough time deciding which camera i should get... i can't afford a 3+MP camera.. because i can only spend about 200-390 dollars.. but either way, i'm not looking for a camera i could take "professional" pictures with.. i just want a nice, small, camera that'll give me ok, everyday pictures. I'm mainly going to use it for everyday pics, or vacations pics.. etc.. so what're your suggestions? Of course i wanna go with the s200 because it's much cheaper.. but i'm afraid that 2 MP won't be enough for me? I currently have a HP photosmart 315... it's a 2.1 MP camera.. but it's HuGE.. i hate lugging that thing arund with me.. but the s200 is .1 less MP than that.. is that a big difference?

i just want a 2nd opinion.. so please reply! thanks
rkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:55 PM   #2

It shouldn't make that much of a difference if it's only .1 mp difference, also, look at effective resolution, though the total resolution may be larger for your hp, the amount of pixels utilized may be bigger on the s200 (i'm not sure thoug). As for the difference between the s200 and s230, if you were happy with photos from your hp, then go for the s200 since you don't seem to be missing the extra resolution, but as for a 4 mp cam for your price range, I've seen the minolta s404 at frys i think for 299 and if you don't have one near you, you can order it from outpost.com. Also, the s414 can be found in that price range if you can get it on sale.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote