Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:41 PM   #1

Hey, I am new to this forum and fairly new to photography.:-)Does anyone know where I could find a Canon Powershot S2 IS for cheap?

---------------------------------------
Attached Images

photoshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:20 PM   #2

oneclickdigital.com

Buyer beware! read their reviews! I will update when I actually receive the camera

Has it very cheap. They do not include a memory card and you can get them to negotiate down the warranty price. Order on phone I paid $99 for 5 year parts and labor + cleaning kit.
Do not buy cards or batteries there!
for cards go to http://www.PROVANTAGE.com
I bought 60x 1 gig ATP for $36
sol255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:14 AM   #3

Oneclickdigital?

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9679.html
buddhasghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:02 AM   #4

Camera Canada shows the S2 for $565 CDN...

Future Shop shows it at $549... that's after a $50 discount that ends on the 27th

SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:56 PM   #5
mrb

I recently purchased the S2 from Dell for $284 US with two coupons that I found on-line. It is on sale there now for $320 US and you may be able to finda coupon. I have had good experiences with Dell for my PC's, so I went with them.

After researching, I did not buy from oneclickdigital or some of the other really cheap sellers because of their poor ratings. Checking Pricegrabber, it seems that the S2 has significantly dropped in price as the release of the S3 comes closer, however over the past week or so, the prices have not really moved ($330-340 US from on-line sellers with fair ratings).
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:45 PM   #6

I am terribly sorry for mentioning them! I had not read the reviews! The reviews are down right scary! I normally extensively research the products I buy, but years of ordering online with out issues made me overlook the obvious; research the vendor. I did order a camera from them and received the "you must call us to confirm email". When I called I received the sales pitch for their overpriced add-ons. I did not really think twice other than "Oh so this is why it is so cheap" but my local phone company and Cable Company use the same ploy, therefore I was not overly alarmed. My camera is supposed to be here Tuesday and while I have received a FedEx tracking number, I am very worried about what I might receive.
I talked to my credit card company fraud services that advised me that if I did not received exactly what I ordered to place a stop payment and they would refund my money. (I love my credit union!) I am reissuing my credit card just to be on the safe side.
Since I mentioned http://www.PROVANTAGE.com in the same breath as this hardly reputable company I want to say I received no hassles from them no confirmation calls. My SD cards arrived 3 days after I ordered with ground shipping. I would most definitely recommend them and do business with them again.
sol255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:50 PM   #7

Thanks alot everyone. That one click digital site looks pretty risky:?I found a site calledwww.abesofmaine.comthat is selling the camera for $337 american. They look pretty good, has anyone heard anything about them? It would bevery helpful.

Thanks

Old Apr 24, 2006, 7:11 AM   #8

photoshane wrote:
Quote:
Thanks alot everyone. That one click digital site looks pretty risky:?I found a site that is selling the camera for $337 american. They look pretty good, has anyone heard anything about them? It would bevery helpful.

Thanks

I've read and re-read the above 6 times this morning. I still cannot tell WHERE you have seen this price. W/o that info, I won't be able to tell you anything about the vendor, andI fear that anyone w/o some sort of telepathic ability will be able to assist here...
SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:13 PM   #9

Sorry about that. The seller is abes of maine.

http://abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=cnpss2is
Old May 9, 2006, 4:46 PM   #10

Has any of you heard anything bad about one click digital?

http://www.oneclickdigital.com

codii is offline   Reply With Quote