Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 16, 2003, 4:10 PM   #1
Default program interval shutter release?

Do any of the small Canon cameras, such as the "S" series have a feature that allows you to push the shutter button once, and then the camera will keep shooting at preprogrammed intervals, until the flash card is full? What is the max interval?
wolfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2003, 8:33 PM   #2

It's called an intervalometer function. The camera does not have to have one, but the remote capture software that is packaged with most if not all Canon will let you do this through the camera's USB port.
o You can use the computer to operate the shutter of a camera connected to it via a USB cable.
o You can specify the shooting interval and number of images to be taken, then take images using interval timer shooting
Page 15.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 3:25 PM   #3

I was just looking at my manual for my G3, which has the interval shooting option available in Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperature Priority, and Manual modes. This prompted me to go to the Canon website and look at the downloadable manuals for the S50, S45, and S40/S30 cameras. Only the S50 and S45 of the S-series cameas have the intervalometer available in the same modes as the G3. It is not a feature on the S40 or S30.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote