Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:17 PM   #1

I am in a dispute with the etailer i bought my camera from, i purchased a non Jap import model and believe i have recieved a Jap import, the following email they sent says the serial number should be of a specific prefix. Can anyone concur with this, i even more suspicious as the serial number that is on the camera is on a sticker on the outside of box also, however, it has been placed over another sticker to hide the one beneath that wields a different serial number, also the model number on camera reads "canon pc 1130" if you google for this then you see the same camera but a different name.

Thank you for your email.

We understand your concern, yet we have confirmed with the warehouse that it is not a

Japanese import. Please kindly check the serial number at the bottom of the camera as if it is a Japanese import the serial number will start with MT1234567.

As far as the setting is in Japanese is concerned this could be set and changed using the menu setting. It comes with many languages and please kindly follow the following to change it into English:

- Press the "menu" button

- Go to "Tools", the second system

- Scroll down until the one before the last option, e.g. set for language

- Press on "Set"

- Choose the language desired and press the "SET" button to finalize

Hope this helps and please accept our sincere apology for any confusion that might have been caused.

Please feel free to contact us shoud you have any queries, we are happy to assist.

Best Regards
downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2006, 4:44 PM   #2

What retailer did you buy the camera from? Also why would it matter if the camera was a japenese import?
photoshane is offline   Reply With Quote