Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 16, 2006, 3:50 PM   #1

I got my Ixy 80 last week but it seems to have a problem when taking pictures with the flash. I'm not sure whether this is normal, whether its a camera default or what! When I use the flash and no zoom, I get dark patches in the top left and bottom right of pictures, This problem seems to go away or become less apparent when using the zoom or taking pictures of objects further away. Sorry, but you'll have to bear with me - i'm not particularily camera literate - if there are any other details i should be giving can you please let me know. Can someone please give me an idea about whats going on and whether i should be returning the camera??? Thanks

lip13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2006, 5:49 PM   #2

Yes, it is normal and the more the environnement is dark, the more it is noticeable because the flash is not powerful enough to illuminate the whole frame especially at full wide angle. This is common to all pocket sized cameras because they have underpowered flashes. If you don't like that effect, up the iso and shoot without flash which will give a more natural look to your photos which can be done with this model because of its optical image stabilizer and a max of iso800.
iceman_dl6 is offline   Reply With Quote