Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 18, 2006, 3:20 PM   #1

NOTE: If you sign up for an account with ONECLICKDIGITAL.COM, your information is stored and youcan'tedit anything.

So, today I signed up for an account because I wanted to get the Canon SD700 IS and noticed that some of my information was wrong (my fault). I called them to change my info or cancel and before I had described what happened and what I wanted to do, he cut me off, blurted something and hung up. I was so angry.

So I called back, got the same guy, he threw a fit and hung up again. I wish he was in So Cal. I'd be at his doorstep right now.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can get a Canon SD700 IS from a customer friendly site, let me know.
dxbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2006, 3:48 PM   #2

First of all, if the price of an item is significantly lower than other vendors, Caveat Emptor!

Most of the scammers are located in Brooklyn (where they seem to be able to get away with their tactics).

Always use http://www.resellerratings.com to check out any vendor you consider. They do a bit better job compared to most ratings sites at keeping out false reviews.

Ifa vendor isnot listed (or they have a small number of customer reviews), avoid them, as vendors have been known to try and pad their own ratings.

Here are customer reviews forthe vendor you mentioned (scroll down and you'll see them):

Old Location Photo (they may have moved)

Here is an article you may want to read by Bryan Biggers:

How to Buy a Digital Camera without being Robbed

Don't get sucked in by low prices. That's what the scammers are counting on. Be glad you got the hangups before you ordered.

You can expect to pay around $499.95 for this model. If you see it for less than about $469 (what I see a couple of dealers offering it for),I'd be worried about being scammed and I would be extra careful researching the vendor.

If you don't want to go down toyour local Circuit City or Ritz/Wolf Camera and get it, here's a very reputable firm:

Canon SD700 IS at B&H

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote