Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 5, 2003, 9:33 PM   #21
Default White Spots/Bubbles when using flash in A70

even i have the same issue with a70. when i take flash photgraphy i get this problem. atleast 3 of 10 pics at night has these white spots. Canon site has explained this issue they say it is because of reflection of dust particles and not a camera issue. the pics taken during day are great. i am using auto mode. i am not sure if it is problem with other cameras? i am still confused whether to hold on to this camera? advise.
mvidyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 5:41 AM   #22
Default Coronas and 'dust' particles

Well my advice is to hold on to the camera, I will anyway. It has too many great points. Excellent filming abilities, full camera control, excellent pictures with low noise ( bar the lens flaring etc ), intuitive usability, holds well, very fast processing, AA batteries etc etc. This does not negate the problem than I get with high contrast lighting at day. I have minimised the problem by using the setting AV and avoiding 2.8 av setting in particular and sticking to 4.0 etc.
I would like still like canon to solve the problem, but to be real I bet other cameras have other problems so don't lump it for the flaring.

good luck
xlfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 8:17 AM   #23
Default Re: White Spots/Bubbles when using flash in A70

I haven't noticed any bubbles on my A70 yet. I will throw my 2 cents in for suggestion though. I read another A70 owner's comments on flash who I think is outstanding and will pass on his comments. try going to manual mode and decreasing the power of the flash. He thinks that the flash can be too powerful at times but at least the A70 does offer the option to decrease it. Thinking aloud, I wonder if the red-eye reduction lamp may be the culprit. If you're not shooting people, you may want to turn it off as an experiment. My last suggestion I don't know if it's realistic and certainly don't know how to do or if it's practible. Try turning the flash off altogether and using a slave flash to see if the results improve. Again, I don't know how you do this. My other digicam has a pop-up flash. I didn't like the idea at first but am beginning to understand the reason for it. It keeps the flash further away from the CCD (I guess?). BTW, here's a very good A70 gallery to view:

sfink16 is offline   Reply With Quote