Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 27, 2006, 12:15 PM   #1

I am deciding whether to purchase the A700 or the SD630 and thought I might get some advice here. I am purchasing this camera a a supplement to my S2 IS. I would like something small to cary in my purse.

A lot of my photos are taken outside and I have found with my S2 that they come out better if I force the falsh on most all of them. I was wondering if anybody knew what the flash recharge time is on these two cameras. It seems very slow on my S2, in fact I have counted up to 6 seconds before I can take another flash shot outside. Also does one of these have a more powerful flash that the other?

The reason I have narrowed it down to these is that they are very simailar except for the battery type ( I have a hard time not opting for the AA's) The sd630 seems to have a lot of nice new features. Can someone explain to me what it means when people say they tilt the camera to review pictures in the dark. Also has anybody used the feature that lets you check to see if a picture is blurry right after you take a shot by looking at the AF boxes, is it easy to use and as helpful as it seems.

Thanks for any advice and any info I may not be a ware of.
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2006, 4:08 PM   #2

Unfortunately I do not know the SD630. I have the A700 though and I love it. However, the one negative thing I have to say about this camera is the flash recharge time. It's 5 seconds plus and just way too long. Good thing I don't take many flash pics.

I'm not sure if the size difference is that noticable between the S2 IS (haven't held that camera) and the A700, but for something you can truly carry around, I might go for something even smaller than the A700.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 5:26 PM   #3

Go for the sd 630, it ismuch smaller for fitting in your purse.
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote