Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 3, 2003, 7:42 PM   #1
Default Upgrade from a G2 to a G3 for free ???

Hi, I have a question that I would like a little feedback on. I bought a Canon G2 a few months ago at Best Buy amd I bought the $60 4 year warranty. Just recently, the charger acts up a little at times, so Best Buy offered to upgradr me to a brand new g3 at no cost.

My question is: is the g3 any better camera?? I am concerned that since the g3 is a 4X optical zoom (not 3X line the G2), that the images may not be quite as sharp as I am used to.. Is that a reasonable concern?? I guess I'd be called a very serious amature and so far could not be more pleased with the G2.

I'm concidering buying a third-party battery charger and just keeping the G2. Any thoughts??? Thanks.
Raymond Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2003, 10:26 PM   #2

The additional optical zoom should really have little to no effect on the overall sharpness as compared to digital zoom (which is essentially cropping and enlarging a picture in the camera). I have the G3 and absolutely love it. But I also bought a third-party charger from BestBuy for about $45 that fits the battery for my G3 and the batteries for my ZR40 camcorder.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 1:22 AM   #3

Take the g3, it is a step up from the g2 in many respects. The 4x zoom will, if anything, add to your photography.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote