Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 24, 2006, 8:46 PM   #1

Well, I am also a victim of this faulty LCD screen. We did nothing to our camera either. My hubby had it in his pocket, took it out and the screen had blown. I contacted Canon. They said we must have accidentally damaged it, without even seeing my camera. I received zilch customer service from them.They did not want to know. We ordered the new LCD screen online and repaired it today. It is working fine now.Canon advised they have never received any complaints until now about the SD300 Power Shot camera! Yeh, right! We all know that is a lie. So, what did I do. Well, I now go to places such as Future Shop or anywhere where they sell this product. I stand and wait for customers to check out the Canon cameras and then I advise them what happened to me and all of the others on this site. I then tell them to check this site out on the Internet and this week so far I have stopped two sales from going through - sweet! I will continue to do this.:P Then I went online to www.canon.ca and told them what I have being doing and will continue to do. There is nothing like a woman scorned! The guy in Future Shop told me the extended warranty covers the LCD screen, I thought it did not, but he insisted it was covered. Does anyone know if this is true?
Britishbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links