Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:10 AM   #1

Irecently purchased the Canon SD630. I love the camera but don't like the fact that I can't force the flash in auto mode. I have started using Manual mode all the time and was wondering if it is the same as "auto" mode if I select auto iso but it will allow me to change flash setings.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" My other question is about the AiAf function. For just everyday photos is this a good feature to leave on or is it better to stay with the center AF frame. When using AIAF and pressing the shutter halfway down are you suppose to confirm that your subject is in the boxes, sometimes it seems like the camera chooses odd items to be in focus. I am not sure if this explains my somewhat blurry photos taken on a recent fishing trip, you know the photo where you hold up your fish. Either the fish was clear or the person, not both. (the fish was closer to the camera). Maybe center af would have been better?
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:48 PM   #2

I'm new to Elphs - got the SD500 recently. I use the AiAF for shots of houses, scenes, etc, but I have it turned off for macro shots and this seems to work best for me. Check out this new ELPH group - I think you'll enjoy beinga member:

bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote