Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:13 AM   #1

I'm hoping someone here can help me, I just got the new Canon Power Shot s3Is camera and for the life of me I can't figure the dang thing out! This is my 2nd digital camera I've owned but this one seems more complicated to figure out! I feel like a dummy because it's probably easy to figure out but after reading the instruction booklet many times it just seems my pics aren't turning out good at all! My 1st digi camera was a Vivitar 5 megapixel, 3x zoom and I think I'm more impressed with that cameras pics than my Canon! I've had the Canon for 3 weeks now and I've TRIED taking pics with it but they are coming out crappy/grainy looking! Do I have something set wrong or what? Also I've emailed a friend of mine some pics and on the camera I set it so the pics wouldn't be so huge well of course they are still huge! I'm about ready to throw this camera out the window!! I'm sure once I TRY and figure this camera out I'll love it but in the meantime does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks, Bobbi
Bobbi12472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:45 AM   #2

read the thread below;

this should answer most of your questions.

be patient with it. there is no comparison between your old camera and the s3, but with the s3 you will need a little more time learning things, once this is done you'll never go back to a point and shoot camera again.

my quick advice are;

press the iso button until you see either iso80 or iso100

selectp mode on the dial (thisfunctions like an auto mode with a little more control)

set your resolution to the highest one

disable the digital zoom

now you're ready to shoot nice and clear photos.

you'll be amazed at how your photos will turn out by setting these simple steps.

good luck, and oh, if you're really gonna throw the s3. would you be kind enough to throw it my way. (just kidding)

learn how to use the camera and i'm sure you'll enjoy it.:-)

atsotnas is offline   Reply With Quote