Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 30, 2006, 3:01 AM   #1

hi ppl,

i just bought a new canon ixus 55 camera and was very excited about my purchase. unfortunately though i've been experiencing the following problems from day one:

1) the camera makes a sliding/clicking noise whenever i take a photo, auto-adjust or change to and from the macro mode. it sounds like a mechanical noise from the lens, and while i understand that cameras do make some noises, this camera is especially noisy. it almost sounds like the lens is getting caught on something inside the camera if that makes sense. is this normal??

2) i get a memory card error every now and then. i've read a previous thread regarding the memory card error, but my problem is that sometimes the card works and sometimes it doesnt, which leads me to think that the problem is not the card but the camera??

3) the camera keeps rotating photos vertically, even after i turn the auto-rotate feature off. this is driving me insane!!

are all these things normal or have i been sold a dodgy camera? also does anyone know if canon cameras are normally sealed in the box (mine wasnt).

i think the most annoying problem by far is the noisiness, i dont think i can put up with the noise if thats what its always like.

i would appreciate anyones input or advice.

jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:23 AM   #2

Hi Jeanius

All 3 Canon camera's that I've obtained have been sealed in the box, and none of them have had the issues you are describing. I've purchased an A520 (for Mom), an A620 (for me) and was given an A85 as a birthday present 1 1/2 years ago.

I think you were sold somebody's return.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote