Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 19, 2003, 3:41 PM   #1
Default Handling the G3

Hey peeps.

Just bought myself a G3 to replace my Sony DSC-P71. Okay, so I knew I was going from a super-compact to a compact, but had no idea the G3 would be so big and heavy irl! This may sound dumb, but atm I'm really struggling to hold the thing! There are just buttons and knobs and dials everywhere and it feels really awkward. Does one get used to this? Hope so!

Otherwise, in the 6 or so hours that I've owned it, I'm incredibly impressed at the feature set. Now to get to reading that fat manual! Anyone recommend any other (free) G3 tutorials or resources?

proze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2003, 5:16 PM   #2

Greetings! Those buttons and knobs are for many great options but, to begin with, just use Auto and enjoy the fine results. The G3 is a fine camera that will let you grow in photography as much - or as little - as you want. There are many wonderful ideas and tips on these forums that may inspire you. The larger size is only in comparison to some simpler p&s cameras...I also use a Canon s110, which is a tiny box compared to the G3, but it also offers fewer features, less zoom, etc., so I am happy to use either or both...but it did take a while to adjust to the difference in weight and size. Give it a chance...and enjoy the journey!

lowtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2003, 8:47 PM   #3

The only specific guide I was able to find on the net is

It's a pocket guide to the main features. They also offer a more comprehensive guide but it's not free.

Hope this helps and enjoy the G3
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote