Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:25 PM   #1

I have noticed that a lot of my outside pictures have the subjects face blurry. I have turned the AiAf function off and am using evaluative metering. I usually shoot in Manual mode with the flash on, even when outdoors to avoid shadows My photos come out with good lighting but my sons face is often blurry, even if he is not moving much. I do not have this problem with indoor shots or in shaded areas. Is there a better setting choice to use? I turned of AiAf because I was never sure which boxes would be in focus. When that option is on do you have to keep pushing the shutter button half way until one of the boxes is on a persons face, that seems time consuming. I appreciate any help.
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 1:49 AM   #2

I have no idea whether your camera has spot or centre focusing , but if it does try that.

Put the spot or crosshairs (or whatever Canons use) over the face or eyes if close enough, half click to lock focusand then recompose the shot.

I expect at the moment the "Artificial Intelligent Auto-Focus" is intelligently autofocusing on something behind your son.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote