Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 22, 2003, 7:21 AM   #1
Default Need help with shooting modes on S45

I need help with the shooting modes! Can anyone recommend which is the best mode to use for normal shooting?

I normally use "P" mode (programmable) but, because I don't use the flash, the shutter speed is always really slow and all my photos are blurry.

The weird thing is that when I change to "AUTO" mode, the shutter speed will always be significantly faster.

For example, yesterday I was taking shots in "P" mode at the shutter speed was automatically setting to 1 second. Then, with the camera in exactly the same position, I changed to "AUTO" mode, and the shutter speed was setting to 1/8th of a second.

This really annoys me, because I want to take my photos in "P" mode. You can't set anything up in AUTO mode like the white balance - it's all locked out. I don't see why "P" mode should give me photos that are inferior to AUTO mode.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how the camera is supposed to be used properly? The manual gives extremely little information about which modes to use and how they work.
Grand Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links