Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:44 PM   #1

Atfer getting the error I deleted a few 'extra' images. I took another 70 or so images with no errors reported, but upon trying to download the images, none of the ones supposedly saved after the Memory Card Full message were actually saved. I took a ton of photos,trying the continuous setting in various modes.

Is this a new issue? Or have I just been missing it? I really wish I could have gotten some of those lost 70 photos back, but even file recovery software indicated that nothing had actually been saved.

plasterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:10 PM   #2

I was thinking of going with a Sandisk Ultra II 2gig SD card myself when the guys at Blacks photography store said the S2 can do the 2gig butI was skeptical after reading some hit-miss comments here back 6 odd months ago.

While they did say and test the 2 gig SD card I'd have to see it to believe it. They did say that the new S3 can handle the 2-4 gig SD cards (with a possiblity of taking a 8gig when it's out pending if there is a size limit on the camera).

They said the video was able to record 2 gigs all the waywhich I'm skeptical on because Canon states 1gig chunk on the video. Filling up a 2 gig SD card with photos I can believe but would not chance it if it's out of the recommandation spec. of Canon. To each thier comfort zone. I'd stick to the 2 x 1 gig Sandisk Ultra II SD's cards knowing there is less chance of error.

Hope that helps. I know it did not really answer your question.

zero_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote