Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:04 PM   #1

I have a Casio EX Z750 and I am trying to edit the AVI files it produces on industry-standard video editing equipment on a WinXP machine. It's not working. None of the editing software -- like Avid -- recognizes the Z750 AVI files. Avid recommends converting the AVI files to QuickTime MOV, but I discovered after purchasing QuickTimePro for Windows that QT doesn't recognize the Casio AVI files. I'm guessing I'm not the first person to have run into this problem, and am wondering what workarounds/converters/etc. you may have found.

skolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:38 PM   #2

There have been lots of posts on this subject. Scroll down through posts over the last few weeks. Here is one

There is also discussion on this subject on the dpreview.com Casio forum.

mikegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 7:48 AM   #3

Long ago "emonkid" had a website for downloading the M4S2 codec with instructions for use with Quicktime for Windows or Macs. The U.S. sites seem to be not working but I haveboth codecs andthey areeasy to use with Quicktime. I tried it just now in my Windows XP Quicktime and I was able to import the Z750 movie clip, trim and export it with options to even export it as a DV file, which would be workable on most any editing software. I have searched for this codec on the internet but it seems hard to find now unless someone knows something I don't. Sure thereis other software out there but if you have Quicktime it is an extremely easy solution.

Looks like emonkids codecs are still alive and well in Japan though; hope the language translation works:

buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:25 AM   #4

first install fddshow codec,

you can install it stan alone or install bundle with other codec pack in k-lite codec pack (i recomend k-lite)

after install goto menu ffdshow -> VFW configuration

at decode tab ,look at Generic MPEG4 and change decoder to "libavcodec"

apply change and exit program

second install "VirtualDuP" program , you can convert ,cut, joint z750 VDO file with this program

both program and codec are freeware , you cansearch in google for download

JohnKid is offline   Reply With Quote