Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:31 AM   #21

You're welcome. All the best of 2007 to you and your family.

I just got the reply from Metz. Like Casio, they did not provide anyadditionalinformation that is not already in the manual.Theysent the following statement and referred me to their agent, Daymen.

"Because of its self learning system, your 28 CS-2 digital is able to recognize the time shift between pre-flashes to main flash automatically. Following the description inside the user manual."

I guess I will have to continue re-reading the manual and practicing with the camera and flashuntil the advantages and disadvantages of the three different modes become more apparent to me. It appears that the Easy mode is the safest mode to use unless you have triedthat modeand found that you still need more light from the slave. There will always be some situations,of course, where even more power than the 28 CS-2 provides may be needed. The flash displays the subject to camera distance for a given ISO and f stopand advises to stay well within that limit. Of course, it is important to keep yourfingers away from both the camera flash and the slave flash as well as their respective sensors when taking a picture.

It also seems to me from what the manual states that the only cameras that the Metz would have trouble with are those with preflashes whose timingare variable from one shot to another. Specifically, the manual says thatthe 28 CS-2will not support the Nikon 3D and D-TTL.
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote